Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Finding a sexy boyfriend


Don't worry about the state of my marriage, I am only talking about jeans....

Couple of weeks ago I realized I don't own a single pair of really comfortable jeans. When my company organized a meditation and yoga sessions near quarter-end, I found myself with nothing to wear. It was on Friday and I was going to wear jeans that day, but none of my jeans were comfortable enough to sit on the floor cross legged.  All were fitted in the hips and tights and suddenly I wanted a pair that I can use for yoga.  Actually, forget yoga, I wanted a pair of jeans that I would not want to peel off immediately after getting home.  

I even tried on some of my husband's jeans, but even though he is rather slim, all his jeans needed some serious belt to stay on my hips and my backside did not look presentable, yoga or not. But that gave me an idea that I wanted a pair of boyfriend fit jeans. However, I did not want to spend a lot of money and I heard good things about GAP's sexy boyfriend jeans, so I decided to give them a try.
 
Distressed 100% cotton
size 28

Last time I tried GAP jeans I was size 27 (4), so this is the size I tried first. 27 was a good fit, but with no slouch. They just looked like normal jeans but because of the cut and the higher rise, the loose fit in waist and lower crotch just looked unintentional, like bad fitting skinny jeans, or worse yet, bad 'mom jeans'. 29 had a nice slouch and actually looked great from the front but they were bunching up in the back and I would not be able to wear them unbelted. I have no rear to speak of (unfortunatley), so this may work if you are better endowed.

I decided to go with 28 (6), because I was mostly looking for comfort and jeans that need a belt are not that comfortable in my book. If I was going for real slouchy boyfriend look, I would go with a 29.  If you are interested in those jeans, I would strongly recommend trying them on in person, instead of ordering online. Every wash and every pair felt and looked a little different, even in the same size, and you have to get them 'just right', or you are not going to like them, imo.


This is also a 28 but in different, not distressed wash. They fit a little tighter but they stretch more. They also come in a cleaner, bluer wash which I actually like better, but I tried them on in another store, where the fitting room lighting was horrible, so no pictures, sorry. The distressed wash is 100% cotton and the non-distressed ones are 98% cotton and 2% spandex. They also come with flap back pockets, which I did not care for.


I also loved the sexy boyfriend cords.  In addition to this yellow (ornament) color, they come in orange red that is very pretty and muddy beige shade that I did not like. They have button-fly, as oppose to zipper. The cord is very fine and very soft, they are super comfortable. The cords are more stretchy than jeans and have more spandex in them.

not sure why this color is called 'ornament'

If you unroll them they are about ankle length on me, They don;t look bad unrolled, but they definitely look better rolled up. But if you wear them for lounging at home and your ankles get colder, you can definitely unroll them (and add socks!).

I am 5'6; if you are 5'4 or shorter they may be more like full length on you. If you are shorter and prefer to wear them cuffed, you may want to order a petite version, so the rolled portion is not too bulky.  They also come in talls. Why can't this be done for most skirts?

Overall, I am surprised how much I liked them. I never thought I wanted boyfriend jeans and I was sure they would not look good on me, but I am now officially converted. I bought both, jeans and cords and did not want to wear anything else outside of work. They do stretch once you wear them, but it does not matter as much as with skinny jeans, isn't it great? If you buy the not-100%-cotton version, wear them for hour around the house, before deciding if you like them.

Finally, I am comfortable curled up on the sofa, amazing!

Now, I wonder if I get some spam because of the title? We shall see...

***
 That's all folks!

Do you wear boyfriend jeans?
Have you tried the ones from GAP?

Please share, it would be n fun without you!!!

28 comments:

  1. I love the jeans and the cords, I'm the same, my jeans and cords are so excrutiatingly tight, I peel them off or worse, unzip them the minute I'm through the front door - classy I know.
    I might pass by a Gap this Saturday, if so I'm trying on the cords and the jeans in pic number three, they'd be great with jumpers and long sleeved t's and really work for my lifestyle. I also think they're quite sexy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be curious to hear what you think, they are definitely comfy but it is totally different look than skinniest. I am not sure about the length when it is cold, but maybe you can get them in tall? I think they will be super sexy on you, with your figure and a mane of hair :)

      Delete
  2. The GAP has some nice pants this year.I love the color of the cords you chose.It is so nice to find comfortable jeans that have style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The color of the cords is really pretty, not mustard and not green, it is a warm medium yellow.

      Delete
  3. Nice choices,
    I find GAP jeans always a good fit for my body and prices are good,
    sale racks are a must too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could use the 40% off but it usually does not apply to denim. I did get the 20% off plus 10% for using gap cc. The cords were $59.99 in store, even if they are $69 online.

      Delete
  4. The boyfriend jeans look great on you.
    I tried the in the GAP store in paris a couple weeks ago and they didnt do anything for me.
    I never had luck with their denim:(.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you try multiple sizes and different washes? They all fit a little different. But sometimes it just does not work, I know. They do tend to shorten the legs, because of lower crotch and cropped length , I had to get used to the different silhouette.

      Delete
  5. I love the distressed pair. I haven't bought gap jeans in years bc they stretched out on me. I recently tried their always skinny jeans and didnt love or hate them. I might go try the distressed boyfriend jeans now that I see them on you.
    As always, a big thanks for the reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The distressed wash is 100% cotton so I think it should stretch less, the pair with 2% spandex stretches almost by the minute about one full size . But in my experience it stops there, I don't know how they behave after you wash them, we shall see. But the nice thing about boyfriend fit is that they don't have to be form fitting so I feel it is ok if they stretch. To the point of course.

      Delete
  6. The sexy boyfriend jeans are great; I have several pairs. You are so right, each and every one fit differently, even though they were all the same size. I have no rear to speak of just like you so it did not help me to size up to get them more "slouchy". The back side just looked pathetic so I went with my normal size. Rolled up or down, they are just fabulous. The Gap original selvedge jeans are wonderful, too. Straight and not quite skinny. I especially like the very dark washed original jeans but they are very stiff. Not for sitting on the floor or doing yoga!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love them, I have been wearing them after work and for the work from home days non stop for about 10 days, they changed my life, I don't even care if my backside looks that great...

      Delete
  7. I like all of these. My only complaint about GAP jeans is they don't tend to have any stretch (at least not the styles I buy). I should try the ones with the spandex. I have a pair of denim from GAP Outlet that looks just like the Sexy Boyfriend jeans and they're a favorite (no stretch in them, though). Those cords are looking pretty much sold out, unfortunately. I wonder if GAP restocks. Thanks so much for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cate, these have stretch for sure, they are super soft too, especially if you get the wash with spandex. The cords are sold out online in yellow but they had plenty in the two stores I visited. And yes they definitely restock, the distressed wash did not show up online at all when I bought them but now they are online in all sizes. And the other wash only was showing in 10 tall and now iris available.

      Delete
  8. Love this article - dang I married a man with wide hips! I really want to buy one of these pairs as I am now so into comfort but they totally flatten my bum, maybe I should just turn the other cheek~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, but I think it would make me feel worse if I could not fit into his jeans ;) I say forget about the bum, after you do the yoga in them maybe the bum will come too...

      Delete
  9. Ps love the cords and the jeans - they are keepers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a pair too from GAP with a clean blue color that I love, it's amazingly soft for a pair of GAP jean and with the 40% off sale that they frequently have in my book it's a win-win situation. Now I know I'll have to keep an eye on the cord, you look great in the yellow color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think these are the ones I bought! Could you use 40% off?? Usually denim is excluded, it was last time I tried. I did get the 20% off for doing the survey and 10% for Gap cc. I never did the survey but I whined to the SA about online sale ( which did not exist but I did not realized) and she applied it. I have no shame when it comes to getting discounts, I always ask and make faces and whine and I usually get something...

      Delete
  11. I'm curious which jeans you ended up buying? I got the 100% cotton Boyfriends a month ago and love them. Ditto on the comfort. I don't know what The Gap did to make them so soft. If 100% cotton style came in a darker wash I'd snatch them up in a minute. I didn't have as much luck with the 2% stretch version. Trying multiple sizes in the store is not an option since The Gap retail store doesn't sell tall sizes (believe me the tall is just barely acceptable as a tall size- I have to wear them rolled up otherwise they look dowdy) Glad you found them. All of the styles look great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the blue clean wash and the cords but I want the distressed ones too. I agree they are super soft , I hope they will not loose it's shape after I wash them, that's the only thing that is preventing me from buying the distressed pair but after I test them I will consider adding to the collection.

      Delete
  12. I laughed a little about the 'meditation and yoga session' because I wear Second Yoga jeans. The BEST jeans ever. Really. And you actually could do yoga in them - they are that comfortable, while really being jeans and not jeggings (ick). It's a Canadian brand, widely available in the US and online (secondclothing.com). When I started wearing them, I threw out all of my other jeans because they were so much less comfortable than the Yoga ones. And they make you look amazing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of second yoga, what a good name. I will check them out. This is like a holy grail of jeans well fitting but comfortable and not stretching out of shape by the end of the say.

      Delete
    2. I hope you find them - they really are the holy grail. They deserve their own shrine. Generally buy one size down from your usual, btw.

      Delete
  13. Thanks for the heads-up, I will try these. Gap jeans fit me much better than J. Crew anyway, and I love the idea of a soft, slouchy corduroy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love gap sexy boyfriend jeans - and totally agree with you that you should try them on, so even if you get a pair online and they don't work, i'd try exchanging too. maybe it has to do with the wash?

    xox P

    phiphi's blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really tremendous that the way you describe. This information is so much more than I needed!keep it up .Nice blog get ideas about jeans,
    boyfriend jeans for women

    ReplyDelete